My mom was an amazing hair dresser for 27 years and I grew up thinking she was the coolest mom ever because she made people look pretty for a "living". Not only that, but she was so much fun and people LOVED to be around her just for the positive effect she had on them. Watching her love her job and wake in the morning excited to go to work is what inspired me to do the same thing. I feel so lucky that I had her, the very best to learn from. I love the fact that so many of her clients were passed to me after she was no longer healthy enough to do it. I feel honored to have been able to take it from there(so to speak)and kind of carry on her legacy, although I know she was much more experienced than I. It was super scary when I first started and was only 19 years old but it was amazing to be surrounded by so many people that loved and knew her. I can't even tell you what amazing therapy that was for me after she passed away. I had at least a hundred second moms that were so willing to just talk about her and all of their favorite memories of her. That truly got me through some tough spots in my life.
I absolutely LOVE where I work and LOVE the girls I work with. It's crazy to work in a salon and have zero drama!! It's so nice and we all just love to be around each other. My boss Jenny is one of the funniest people and I consider such a good friend. I feel my life so blessed to wake up in the morning actually excited to go to work and see what creative things I'll get to do that day! I seriously get all ticklish in my toes when I walk into the salon, look on my books and see that I have colors booked all day... LOVE it. How cool is it I get to hang out with my friends all day, make them look beautiful, they LOVE me for making them look that way, then they freaking pay me for it!!! AND it's like a therapy session all the day long.
I thank my mom for inspiring me to do this and giving me the confidence and knowledge of feeling and being good enough to dare and try new things to people even when it's risky or scary, and I thank my Heavenly Father for giving me the opportunities I have had in my career, the business that I've obtained and the creativity that I have.
Here are a few pics of some of the girls I work with. Love you guys!!







4 comments:
SO sweet Keelee. Remember when I was one of your first haircuts in your parents' kitchen and I was a poodle after that? Haha oh goodness. And I still love coming to you. Look how great you are :) Your mom is super proud, I just know it!
Sounds fun. Guess I should just come work with you!
You are so beautiful Keelee!!
Britton.. you are so sweet!! I need you to add me to your list now that you've gone private so I can still check out your cute blog... pretty pretty please:)
Post a Comment