It seemed like all the talks I heard were based around faith, the atonement and overcoming trials...it was almost as if they were made just for ME!!! My favorite talk was one about replacing fear with faith. This was a talk I was in dire need of. I often find myself anxious and worried about the future wondering where my life will end up and if I will ever have the family I so so so want. I wanted to kick myself after hearing this talk because I know for a fact how aware Heavenly Father is of each of our circumstances. Sometimes it's easy to feel neglected but that is the test of our faith. This talk re-instilled in me the confidence that if I live my life the best I know how that Heavenly Father is bound to bless us. It's pretty obvious that life doesn't take us exactly where we always want to go.. Me being somewhat if a control freak (there, I admitted it!) have had a hard time with this. We can only do so much and the rest is out of our hands... I really hate that!! But I do know that the Lord knows what's best for us.
I'm so grateful to Jami for convincing me to go to this. Feeling the spirit is definitely empowering and makes me feel like anything is possible! If any of you haven't had the opportunity to go to Women's Conference I would strongly encourage you to go next year.
Aside form the fact that it was spiritually uplifting I now have some seriously sore abs.... thanks Brooke!! I haven't laughed that hard in a looong time. Oh and I want my drawing back.





4 comments:
Thank you so much for making me look hot Saturday (haha!) and for talking about what you heard at the conference! You inspire and amaze me and our trials may different, but the way to get through them is the same! Love ya!
I am so glad you got to go be seriously uplifted! I wish I lived in good old SLC so we could hang out together. I am glad you blog so I can keep up with you.
dude cute braid on your do! xoxo
I LOVE Women's Conference and sadly, haven't gone in a few years but am now really mad I missed it yet again! Amber told me a little bit about it the next week in church but she didn't mention that you went with them. That's so fun! You fit in so well with the Blake family, it's crazy.
Post a Comment