Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Oregon

Every year around this time Jami, Brooke and I go on a little "girls get-away" and just invite whoever wants to come. This year it ended up being myself, Jami, Brooke and Miranda.
I have a darling client who so generously offered to let us rent her little house in Yachats, Oregon for 5 days. At first I was little hesitant about Yachats being our destination... I mean, I've never even heard of Yachats. Have you?
I called up my girls and they were of course super excited(seeing as how they are all married with kids I'm pretty sure they would've been excited to go on vacation to the freaken Mojave desert). We kinda just figured that if Yachats turned out to be a bust, then it was okay because we are pretty much the funnest girls ever and could conjure up our "fun skills" to entertain ourselves. Well, let it be said that there was no need for that(Other than after seven o' clock at night due to Yachats non existent night life).
Yachats is truly one of the most beautiful places I have EVER seen in my life. The Oregon Coast is breath taking.. the scenery is soooo cool. You look up in the mountain and it's so lush and green. You feel like a grizzly bear and a little goblin are gonna walk out holding hands. Then you look down to the ocean and you see Sea Lions just chillen in the water. The ocean along the coast is freeeezing this time of year. I swore I'd get in just to say that I did, but even when we were just playing in the shallow water it pissed me off feeling it hit my skin. Like, it hurt really bad!
We had so much fun. I'm pretty sure I gained at least a pound a day and I really had no idea how fat I was getting because we wore sweats, beanies, uggs and scarfs the entire time.. then I come home and even my damn shoes were tight I swear.
Our little trip went by so fast and we never got bored even once. Yachats is for sure a place I want to visit again!




5 comments:

Jami Weight said...

ha ha ha. We for sure were fatty's on that trip. What a flippin' blast. Can't wait for next year. Mojave Desert??? I'm in.

Jen Moyer said...

So glad you had fun, and got to see first hand what Im talking about! I wish I would have went with you guys, looks like you girls are tons of fun to be around!

kOrTnI said...

Wish I could have gone...(why did I want to do school again?! freak!) Looks like you had alot of fun!!

Miss you. xo

Unknown said...

I wish I had fun girlfriends! :) You are gorgeous and it looks like it was a fantastic time. I miss you and having pretty hair. Yay poor married college students. Keep up the fun!

Jenny said...

That looks like so much fun! I love Oregon! It's so beautiful and green up there.