Sunday, January 10, 2010

Christmas 09'

I had hard time doing this post because posting the pics and writing about it makes it past tense... meaning Christmas is over. Donesky. Bye Bye. Sianora. Sad is what it is.
Man I love Christmas! The was people act, all giddy and retarded as if the whole world is in love or something. The pretty lights all over. Temple square(went there twice this year as a matter of fact). The music... I know it gets old but it wouldn't be Christmas without hearing that lame song about that kid buying those shoes for his mom before she dies and the kids singing in the background(which is scary as hell I might add) a million times. The fat guys with long beards that come into my salon and ask me to bleach their beard white all for the sake of every ones Christmas parties. The chaos and all the people at the mall and all the stores in a frantic rush to buy that one last person a gift. That smell.. that freakin pine, berry smell that everyone has in their house, I think it's that scentsy candle thing because I have it too. Mmmm it makes me sooo happy. Last but certainly not least like it has been made more and more over the years and should be the number one reason, which is that this celebration is actually in honor of Jesus Christs birth who came into this world to take upon the sins of the entire world.... I really hope to try making this more the focus of Christmas, especially when I have kids. It seems with the crazy hustle and bustle we seem to lose focus on the true meaning. Myself included at times.
This year was an awesome Christmas. My cute BF's family was visiting here from Colorado and we were able to spend a lot of time with them in the short week they were here. It was so fun getting to know them. Christmas Eve we of course went to my gram and gramps.. this is a tradition that has taken place since I was a little girl, then went to my dads where we had a "killer" prime rib dinner that Sam put on, then went to Grants where we enjoyed a little Christmas program that his darling mom does every year. Holy three freakin parties in one night, haha love it.
Christmas morning we went to my dads and had an amazing breakfast followed by an extensive Wii tournament that was pretty damn entertaining to say the very least... thank you Jess, Danny and Grant. That night we had an amazing dinner at Grants house. His mom is an unreal cook, holy crap. Pretty sure I packed on at least 10 lbs this holiday season and I'm totally fine with it. Well I was, now I'm super depressed so I just keep eating. Makes perfect sense huh?
I am so grateful for all my friends and family who make Christmas so enjoyable. Love you all and hope you had an amazing Christmas as well.

Nessa and Jake

Jess and Brooke

Danny and Grant playing a little Wii

Grant, Kee, Kenz, and Deklan.

Brooke and Kee

My cute dad

My uncle Casey and aunt Najet visiting from Hawaii

Sammy

The kiddos opening presents

Nessa, me and Nikki(Maxs' cute gf visiting from school).

3 comments:

AJ and Cindy said...

I love your blog! Just wanted to say it's been fun getting to know you and hanging out together, gotta love Scattergories and jamocha shakes! Hope to see you two soon!

PS..I can't stop thinking about your stories from when you were a nanny... totally crazy! ha!

Keelee said...

Cindy... hey babe! You gotta add me so I can check yours out. keeleefirthbennett@yahoo.com. How are you?? Let's all get together soon.

AJ and Cindy said...

Hey, our blog address is maudsleyfamily.blogspot.com that is so weird that it won't let you click onto, let me know if this doesn't work! You can also click onto the link that I have on my facebook! I know you are just dying to see it haha JK JK