Thursday, July 1, 2010

Ragnar/ Wasatch Back






Well this was quite the experience to say the least! I had a buddy call me about 6 days before hand because they needed a couple more people to complete the team. Needless to say I wasn't prepared or as ready as I could have been. I've done a couple 1/2 marathons within the last year and this Ragnar relay was hands down much harder! As hard and physically demanding as it was to run on and off for a solid 28 hours with literally zero sleep and being sick to my stomach the whole time from eating WAY too much watermelon, haha, you can bet your ass I will do this again next year. It's awesome and so much fun. Such a sense of accomplishment and weirdly enough I almost like the pressure it brings to be a part of a team that you are responsible for. It definitely pushes you! The race is a total of 188 miles. It stretches all the way from Logan to Park City and there are some ridiculously hard hills to climb. I wanted to cry for some of the people on my team and the mountains they had to feat.
I'm grateful for experiences like this. It makes you realize that even though something is really hard and you want to quit at times because you almost just can't take the burn or heat anymore... it's more than worth it when you cross that finish line. I kinda relate it to the gospel a little bit.
A year ago I would have NEVER thought I'd be any kind of runner. Kind of fun to find new hobbies. I think the next crazy thing I'll do will be a Triathlon. Now just to learn how to swim without doggy paddling;)

5 comments:

Alesha said...

I so want to do that! Maybe next year! I also want to try a sprint triathalon but I am a total doggie paddler too! lol Good work!

Megan said...

Hey cuz! Do me a favor...stop being so darn beautiful and so stinking cute. Miss you all!!

Sarah said...

You are amazing! When I grow up I want to be just like you!

Blake and Jenn said...

Seriously, you continue to amaze me! You are so with it! I am no where near ready to run something like that, but I really want to start training for something cool like that! Thanks for being you and for being so dang amazing!!!

Unknown said...

You are super awesome and I'm super jealous! I'm starting the running escapade with a 5K in 2 weeks and hope to do the RAGNAR next year. And I'm totally with you about the Triathalon...stupid swimming is a big determent for me ;)